Getting your home ready for the spring market?
What should you be doing now to make sure you are ready?
Since it is cold outside in Northern Virginia now might be the perfect time to get these things done.
1. Declutter. Now is the perfect time to get things ready to sell or donate your unwanted items. You can sell your unwanted items on sites like e-bay or any other local sites. Please make sure your safety if you are going to meet someone. Label items for the upcoming spring yard sale. Donate your unwanted things to local charities. Remember to keep a list of things donated for 2020 charitable donations. It’s Deductible can help with your list and even calculate the value.
2. Depersonalize. As you are going through your stuff now is the perfect time to stay packing up your personal items. This should include things you do not want others to see or find such as valuables. This will allow future buyers to visualize there stuff in their new home.
3. Clean, clean and clean. Whether you doing the cleaning or have someone else come in and help a clean home will help with pictures and showing. Great pictures along with Listing Concierge service will make sure your home gets maximum exposure.
4. Touch ups or improvements. Now that the house is looking a little empty and clean you may want to paint, or put in new floors or do improvements to your home. Taking care of some of the touch ups and improvements can also help make the home inspection go a little smoother. The RealVitalizeSM program, powered by HomeAdvisor, is an exclusive offering for Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage clients that helps with home improvements and repairs to prep your home for sale. We cover your upfront costs and get paid back when your home sells. No hidden fees, interest charges or markups. Even if you do not qualify for this program, there are still things you can do to make your home ready to sell.
5. Curb Appeal. When you do get nice whether start working on your curb appeal. Something might have to wait but just like the inside of your home you want to start cleaning up trash and start working on little things. There are a couple of spray on cleaners to help get rid of some common roof and siding problems like black spot and moss bit they takes couple of months.
6. Consider a home warranty. This could help buyers with the decision to buy your home especially if the roof and other major appliances are not new and can even protect the same equipment during the home selling process if something goes wrong.
If you have any questions please click here https://www.homesizing.com/contact/ and it will be my pleasure to help you start your home selling journey.